October 3, 2011 – Jump Start Your Teen to Make Mature Choices
How do we, as parents, teach our children to make the right choices as they grow? Dr.John McKinnon will discuss with us the steps to our teens’ maturity, including:
- What are the obstacles to maturity?
- How does maturity correlate to academic success?
- When does “global breakdown” occur and why?
- The key is parenting – how do we make that key open the right doors
John McKinnon, MD is the author of several books including An Unchanged Mind: The Problem of Immaturity in Adolescence and To Change a Mind: Parenting to Promote Maturity in Teenagers. Formerly Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at University of California (San Francisco), Dr. McKinnon also practiced adolescent and adult psychiatry in Texas and Montana, where he directed adolescent and adult psychiatric and chemical dependency hospital programs. He is co-founder and co-CEO of Montana Academy, a therapeutic boarding school located on a remote ranch in NW Montana.
Monday, October 3, 2012, 7:30 to 9:00pm
Drew School, 2901 California Street
If you cannot find street parking, there are 2 garages within 3 blocks of Drew:
- Jewish Community Center – 3200 California Street (closes 10:30 pm)
- 2655 Bush Street Garage – between Broderick and Divisadero (open 24 hours)
$5.00 donation is requested at the door for parents of member schools; a $10.00 donation is requested for others.