Uncharted Territory Resources
We hope you enjoyed the conversation between Christine and David and found it helpful as you head into summer. As promised, we’ve compiled resources we hope will help you navigate the pandemic during the summer and beyond.
- Summer of COVID19 Resources for Teens and their Families:
- Insights from Teens
- Written for Teens
- Summer Opportunities
- Volunteer and Other Opportunities to Participate
- Articles exploring topics of parenting adolescents during the pandemic
- Parents Coalition is partnering with Parenting In Place to offer a 9-week live series Parenting in Place: Helping Families Thrive in Challenging Times. See the weekly event line-up with 18 parenting experts to learn more and register here for the early bird price of $29 by June 10!
- Resources shared by Dr. Christine Carter:
- In light of current events and attention on protests and Black Lives Matter, we would like to highlight relevant resources we shared in the past:
- Parents’ Coalition: Conversation Starters for Talking to Teens About Racism and Implicit Bias (PDF)
- How to talk to kids about race
- PBS: What to read, listen to, and watch to learn about institutional racism, June 5, 2020
- Greater Good Science Center: Anti-Racist Resources
- Commonwealth Club Webinar: Parenting in Support of Black Lives: How to Build a Just Future for Kids
- Common Sense Media:
- New York Times:
Thank you again, for tuning in, and we hope to see you in person in the near future!